Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mua Rung Restaurant

Ca Keo Hotpot

Don't get confused between Mua Rung restaurant and Mua Rung Discoque. This is a real famous restaurant for southern Vietnamese dishes. When the locals talk about Mua Rung, they always mention Ca Keo hot pot which is the most popular dish at this place. I love this hot pot, too.

Vegetable for Ca Keo Hotpot

This restaurant is huge but it's busy all the time according to my sister. On the day of my visit earlier this year, it was packed. There is nothing special about the decoration and the set up but the friendly staff, great food and reasonable prices make it so popular. You can choose to sit on the first floor, second floor or on the third floor where they all have big fans spraying out a fine mist to cool the temperature down.

Grilled river shrimps

The ca keo hotpot contains Ca Keo fish, sour broth(canh chua) include dry onion, morning glory, Keo Neo vegetable, Dang vegetable, lots of herbs, bean shoots, lotus, celeri, water spinach, criander, banana, and other vegetables that I don't know how to translate(Bach Tang, Giang leaves, Keo Neo and a very special vegetable called Nhut which is only available in the south). They use pork bones cooked for a long time to make a natural sweet stock then add some Thai sate stuff and their own special Mua Rung ingredients to make a really yummy sweet and sour stock.

Chicken skin salad

Beside the hotpot, they also serve a variety of Vietnamese food but for me, the highlights are the chicken feet salad, grilled Ca Keo fish, and grilled small river shrimps or sauted beef with onion and green pepper.

Check them out at Mua Rung restaurant
4 Su Thien Chieu
Ward 7 District 3
Tel: (84-8) 9307064 - 9307036
Ho Chi Minh city

6 comments:

D said...

Man.. I haven't found a really mindblowing Vietnamese restaurant in Manhattan yet! I guess the search continues =(

Jade L Blackwater said...

Your blog always makes me so hungry! I'm glad to see you're still blogging - it's always a pleasure to see what you've found to share with us.

Best,
Jade

Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

My goodness, they all look so delicious. Especially so because I have a special craving for sour and hot food!

Have a nice weekend and thanks for sharing!

Van Cong Tu said...

Thanks guys

Halong vietnam said...

I like food, delious.

Vietnam tour said...

Look very delious, I like it.